The ARIN Imaging Nurse Review Course is a 2-day course designed to provide an overview of the skills required for the nurse working in the imaging, interventional, and therapeutic environments.
- The course is presented annually at the ARIN Spring Convention and throughout the year at regional locations.
- ARIN can come to you! Host a course at YOUR FACILITY and have it presented by ARIN master faculty. Download the updated Imaging Review Course brochure.
Currently Scheduled Courses
- No courses currently scheduled.
This course can also be used to prepare for the radiologic nursing certification exam. It is not designed as a single study tool to prepare for this exam; however, it is a useful resource when used in conjunction with other study materials.
We are always looking for talented members to share their expertise, if you are interested in becoming a faculty member to teach the review course please send an email to the National Office at email@example.com.
This educational program will provide a review of selected topics which can help prepare experienced Imaging nurses for the Radiology Nurse Certification Exam. This course is intended for the Imaging nurse who already has a strong knowledge base of radiology nursing. This course does not guarantee that participants will pass the certification exam. Individual participants are highly encouraged to take the time to study and gain mastery of the topics.
Upon completion of the two-day course participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 different modalities where biopsies can be done and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Describe at least 3 non-vascular interventional imaging studies including purpose and patient care considerations.
- Describe 3 common nuclear medicine imaging studies including purpose and patient care considerations.
- Explain and describe applications of positron emissions tomography imaging for oncology, neurology, and cardiology.
- Describe at least 3 vascular interventional imaging studies and be able to identify the purpose and patient care considerations for each
- Compare the breast imaging techniques of mammography, MRI, ultrasound and breast tomosynthesis including the advantages of each modality
- Describe the basic principle of computed tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Ultrasound (US).
- Identify complications related to contrast administration including prevention and treatment of each.
- Identify the nursing care of patients required before, during and after diagnostic radiology procedures.
- Describe at least three key principles for maintaining a safe environment throughout all Imaging modalities.
- Define levels of sedation along the continuum including patients who may be at risk identified through physical assessment and documentation review.
- Discuss legal and regulatory considerations in the Imaging environment.
- Discuss Radiation Therapy including methods of delivery and populations that would benefit from its use.
- Identify unique safety considerations in the use of Ultrasound contrast.
Introductions and Course Overview
Allergic Reactions & Extravasations
Interventional Non Vascular
Interventional Radiology Vascular Procedures
Order of Imaging Exams
Questions, Wrap Up/Course eval.
We understand it may not be ideal to send a large group away for training, especially with budget restrictions- so we make house call!
The ARIN Imaging Nurse Review Course is available to be presented on-site at your facility by ARIN master faculty. You organization can host the course and have our faculty train your staff (and others) in your facility.
Cost: $6,000 + $240 INRC ToolKit
As a host for the course, you will do the following:
- The course will be held over two days
- Arrange for a facility in which to hold the course
- Market the course
- Provide copies of the course syllabus to participants
- Handle registration and onsite coordination for the course
- Provide a roster of participants to ARIN
ARIN will do the following:
- Coordinate the schedule with the faculty
- Pay faculty speaker’s fees and expenses
- Book and pay travel and lodging for the speaker
- Provide one (1) copy of the course syllabus, practice test, and evaluation form for duplication
- Advertise the course in every available issue of Vision, ARIN’s bi-monthly newsletter, prior to the course
- Post the course dates on the ARIN website
- Provide a mailing list for members in the sponsor’s geographic area
- Provide nursing contact hour certificates. 15 contact hours will be awarded for the full two-day course; there is no partial credit for a single day
- Provide ASRT CE certificates upon request. 17.5 ASRT CE hours will be awarded for the full two-day course; there is no partial credit for a single day
Imaging Review Course Archive
ARIN currently offers an archived version of the imaging review course. This lecture series has been replaced by a newer version, but is still a valuable tool to study for your exams. Click on the link below to access this new resource.
Archived Image Review Course Recordings
Please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to schedule a course presentation.