Radiology Nurses Day April 12, 2017
2017 ARIN Nurses Day Posters
Happy Radiology Nurses Day
On April 12, we celebrate and recognize the contributions of our radiology nurses in the lives of our patients and other caregivers. In recognition of this annual event, ARIN is providing posters for your hospital to download and print. We will also be providing educational webinars in our further commitment to on-going education. Thank you for your dedication to our field.
Kathy Duncan, BA, RN, CRN
ARIN President 2017-2018
How to Celebrate Radiology Nurses Day
- Host a reception for hospital/facility staff in the Radiology or Imaging Departments. Invite them to see what you do! (Offering some type of food — ice cream, bagels, coffee, cookies, etc. — provides an additional incentive for people to stop by!). Or maybe you could bring in a massage therapist to provide chair massages to your colleagues.
- Provide refreshments, flowers or other treats for patients on Radiology Nurses Day or throughout that week or even during the month of April. Make a sign or tag saying: Courtesy of your Radiology Nursing Team.
- Have your team introduce themselves to patients during the month of April and answer their questions about radiologic procedures. Share this ARIN Video Presentation with them during a reception. You can even customize it with your own facility's information.
- Suggest to your facility's PR department that they do a story on the Radiology Nursing Department in the next facility newsletter.
- Host a lunch for the entire radiology team at your facility to thank your colleagues for their collaboration with the nurses.
- Make a commitment to get involved in your professional organization — volunteer for an ARIN Committee! Click here to send us a message and let us know what your interests are.
ARIN has designed a 2017 Radiology Nurses Day poster for you to download and print for your departments. The files come in print ready in 8.5x11 formats. Print off as many copies as you would like and send copies to your colleagues to get the word out about next week.